- Stalin: Nu conteaza cine voteaza, conteaza cine numara voturile(…)
- Bill Stern: Our elections are free – it’s in the results where eventually we pay.
- George Jean Nathan: Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
- Anastasio Somoza: Indeed you won election, but I won the count.
- Gore Vidal: Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
- Herbert Marcuse: Free election of masters does not abolish the masters or the slaves.
- John Adams: Where annual elections end, there slavery begins.